Landlord Information

What obligations do I have during the tenancy?
You should make sure that the tenants have exclusive, quiet enjoyment during their stay. As they are paying for use of the property, you should arrange for any repairs to be dealt with promptly. You must ensure that your property complies with safety regulations.

Do I need landlord insurance?
Even with good references you can never be sure what will happen, especially given the current economic climate. Occasionally, however, there may, in extremely rare circumstances, be tenants who refuse to move out and in this case it may be worth getting legal protection insurance, which can help cover the cost of any legal action that may be needed. Most insurers require that agents manage the property and that there are ‘check-in’ and ‘check-out’ schedules of contents

Are There Any Rules about what comes with a Property if it’s fully Furnished, Furnished, Part Furnished or Unfurnished?
No, there are no strict rules but both expectations and reality can vary in different areas of the country and even within different niche sectors within the local markets.
Generally, a property offered as “fully furnished” would come with all the main fixtures, furnishings and fittings, white goods etc., plus the standard crockery, cutlery, glassware, pots and pans etc., that a reasonable tenant would normally use on a day to day basis.
At the other end of the scale, an “unfurnished” property would normally be provided only with such basics as carpets, curtains and light fittings.
Clearly, there are infinite variations between these two extremes of what might be included. Therefore, the critical aspect, whether you are a landlord or tenant, is to make sure that everyone clearly understands what main items are, or are not, included before finalising the tenancy agreement.

What safety requirements do I need?
Gas Safety (Instillation and Use) Regulations 1994. This Act means that the Landlord has tests carried out each year. It is essential this is done before tenants take occupation. A safety test certificate must be kept on the premises and one provided for each tenant.
The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1998. All upholstered furniture must pass cigarette and match-resistant tests.
The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994. All electrical equipment appliances and electricity supplies must be safe. Newly installed plugs and sockets must conform to the correct British Standard. The General Products Safety Regulations 1994. You should ensure the general safety of tenants and supply instruction manuals for items used in the property with information regarding potential dangers, for example hot surfaces and sharp objects.

What is an EPC?
From 1 October 2008, if you’re letting a property the law requires you to provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to prospective tenants.
An EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) provides an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient). The average at the moment is D.
An EPC is a legal requirement for any new tenancies that begin on or after 1 October, detailing the energy performance of a property.
It is carried out by an accredited Domestic Energy Assessor to ensure it meets all legal requirements and is valid for 10 years.

How do you estimate the value of my property?
There are certain factors Easy Move Everytime Ltd will consider when judging the value of your property: The market demand from tenants How popular your area is Current “To Let” prices of similar properties in the area Prices that have been achieved for similar properties recently.
Any improvements/renovations made to the property.
When we visit your property, we will carry out a Competitive Mark Analysis (CMA) based on the criteria above.
From this an estimated and rental price will be reached.

What about rights of access to the property, what are the rules?
A landlord, or his agent, or someone authorised to act on his behalf has a right to view the property to assess its condition and to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance at reasonable times of the day. The law says that a landlord or agent must give a tenant at least 24 hours prior notice in writing (except in an emergency) of such a visit. Naturally, if the tenant agrees, on specific or odd occasions to allow access without the 24 hours prior written notice, that is acceptable.